Sunday, February 11, 2007

Postcards from my past





Dear fellow travellers of this journey we call life,


Whilst strolling though an old market with friends at Dariya Ganj, oldDelhi, we came across some exquisite rustic Indian postcards. It's quite remarkable that some of them had been sent to Jaipur where I was heading to the next day.


These postcards have fit in well with the theme of my show here in Banaras, where I have infused a bit of the new, with the old yellowed correspondence.


Here are some of the postcards from my past, and for those of you in Canada and elsewhere, these postacards are for sale, and if you are interested in them, please let me know, and I shall consider them SOLD!


Oceans of love,

Prashant

4 comments:

Kerstin Klein said...

Your art is great. I lived 9 years in India with my parents. 5 of them in Alwar, Rajasthan. And we often visited Jaipur and Delhi - specially when we had European guests. So I get very sentimental when I see your cards. :)

Kerstin Klein said...

oh... and on our way to Jaipur we rode up to the fort on Elephants. I used to love that, but I was always afraid of how the riders treated their elephants.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work my friend, I honoured to gaze upon such work.

-Spence

Meena Sundar said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!